Thingybot 3D Printers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seems like no action is happening...

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Seems like no action is happening... Empty Seems like no action is happening...

Post by Jesshield Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:25 pm

Anyone still even checking here or on the KS?
Jesshield
Jesshield

Back to top Go down

Seems like no action is happening... Empty Re: Seems like no action is happening...

Post by Mooselake Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:11 am

I check every day or two, but it's been so dead that even the spammers are ignoring us.

Not doing much with either 3D printer, it's our too short summer with too many other things to do before the white stuff descends and the ground freezes - making food for the outdoor boiler (30+C of wood waiting to be cut, split, and stacked) and the horse, lawn, lawn mower repairs, all the other stuff that comes with 100A of old farm. In another weak moment I supported another KS project and my Maslow CNC machine kit is on it's way. One's arrived in Green Bay so yooperland should be any day now; need to try to figure out how to get started on that too.

Guessing Matt hasn't reappeared or delivered anything else?

Kirk
Mooselake
Mooselake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Seems like no action is happening... Empty Re: Seems like no action is happening...

Post by Jesshield Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:16 am

Not a word
Jesshield
Jesshield

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesshield Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:01 pm

Attorney contacted officially today, have been told what info to gather, ect. Done letting this scam continue with zero consequences for the creator.
Jesshield
Jesshield

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooselake Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:39 pm

Any progress?
Mooselake
Mooselake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooselake Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:19 pm

Bump

Pretty dead here these days...
Mooselake
Mooselake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooselake Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:12 pm

Just a periodic bump to see if the forum is still alive, along with an occasional spam check

Happy 2018!

Kirk
Mooselake
Mooselake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooselake Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:36 pm

Another couple months, another bump

Kirk
Mooselake
Mooselake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelious2 Thu May 24, 2018 3:03 pm

I didn't even realize the forum was still up after the site went down

Cornelious2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooselake Fri May 25, 2018 11:18 am

Still here, I check it for spam occasionally.  All the 3DP forums I moderated are slowly (or in the case of this one rapidly) dying off.  These days I'd buy a Prusa MK3, while the older printers were advanced in their day they've been passed by.  No big innovations in the MK3, just the steady pace of refinement has made it much better than, say, my plywood bot.  Plus it's support is a whole lot better than Matt has proven to be...

Wonder when the next newsletter might appear?

I haven't used either 3D printer for a while, too many other things going on.  Supposedly you have more free time when you're almost retired, but I think that's just a malicious rumor Smile
Mooselake
Mooselake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelious2 Fri May 25, 2018 11:36 am

ya, I bought a tevo tornado and have been using that almost exclusively, I haven't gotten this one to print reliably outside of a 2 inch diameter from the center.

Cornelious2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooselake Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:44 pm

Back home from a road trip, time for a bump.

While we drove through PA we didn't get close enough to Matt's to stop. I was hoping to make a side trip up from Baltimore (2 weeks of babysitting the new grandbaby, daughter went back to work before here day care started and Mrs. Moose volunteered us) when daughter #3 made a business trip up there, along with visiting MLCS/Penn State International's outlet store but it wasn't to be.

Mooselake
Mooselake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooselake Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:31 pm

Another bump, anybody else checking in here?
Mooselake
Mooselake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooselake Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:37 pm

I haven't looked at the Kickstarter project page in quite a while; Matt posted an update last month.
Mooselake
Mooselake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooselake Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:30 pm

Another Kickstarter update a few days ago; anybody still here, and have any of you received anything?

Matt mentioned several improvements made to the machines yet to ship, including a Titan clone extruder. Asked in the update comments if I could buy one, and maybe some of the other changes (since I have one of the two machines actually shipped I don't expect to get them for free). Will see if I get a response.

Relocating from the northern swamp to the southern swamp for the winter, bought a house on an island in SW Florida. Even moose get to the point where dealing with up to 400 inches (call it 10m) of snow just doesn't look as good as hanging out around a pool where it's warm and sunny
Mooselake
Mooselake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooselake Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:05 pm

Another month, another bump. Off to check the KS comments next, wondering if anybody actually got one
Mooselake
Mooselake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooselake Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:10 pm

Even I've been AWOL. My Thingybot Delta is on the desk in the UP, but I'm stuck in SW FL while my knee heals and suffering from 3D printer withdrawal.
Mooselake
Mooselake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooselake Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:08 pm

Thingybump!

Went and bought a 3018 mini CNC machine while hanging out in SW FL, not enough room for anything bigger atm. Looking at a small cheap 3D printer, maybe an ender 3, but under buying restrictions from Mrs. Moose until the new CNC machine and Jet 1221SP lathe (need the walker but can still turn) are properly assimilated.

Wonder what's happening with Matt these days
Mooselake
Mooselake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooselake Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:40 pm

Bumpity bump bump

Experimenting with guilloche on the 3018, and starting to write a straight line pattern emulator that generates SVGs for engraving. Another knee surgery coming up, an open biopsy, maybe followed in a month by what's hopefully the final prosthetic joint. You'd think with 4 legs a moose could get by without one, but that's not working out

Still wondering about Matt
Mooselake
Mooselake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooselake Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:36 am

Bumper time

Yet another right artificial knee joint coming up in a week or so. No sign of Matt. Straightline guilloche machine simulator put on hold after a knee biopsy earlier this month, leg still too stiff to sit in a desk chair at the 3018. Really hope this saga will end soon, although it was an excuse to do my every 10 year or so game console upgrade, alternating between PSx and XBoxen. Got an XBox 1 S and Doom. Small stack of other games, too, but everything else pales beside Doom. Bought the first version on floppy disks as a gift for a FBI administrator (we had a number of systems there at the time) early 90ish, but installed it first on my PC to make sure it worked right Smile
Mooselake
Mooselake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooselake Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:21 pm

Bump yet again

Got the knee, while it's not bending anywhere as far as I'd like it's a lot better than the last couple major knee surgeries.

Barely used the Xbox, didn't need to spend as much time sitting around moaning as I expected. Slurped up an Ender 3 Pro in the black friday sale, about a third the cost of the TBD, bigger, and faster printing. Have a new geared extruder (under $15US) for it on the way, might be a reasonable TBD upgrade if anybody still cares. Still sore to sit in a regular chair very long, but have been printing E3 upgrades (do most 3D printers spend most of their time printing upgrades for themselves?) along with a couple of my favorite test coasters (everybody needs a few more coasters Very Happy ). With the cheap double geared (two hobbed gadgets geared together across both sides of the filament) I also ordered up some Overture cheap PETG, some copper colored silk PLA, and some just regular PLA. Needed a little variety from the single spool of black PLA.
Mooselake
Mooselake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooselake Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:17 am

Got an Ender 3 Pro for the second house, only mod was a dual gear extruder that screwed to the top of the E stepper and seems to work very well. For around $15US I'm tempted to put one on the TBD when we get back up north and see what happens. Wonder if the mooselake TBD is the only one left running these days, hopefully it's survived a year of sitting unused on the desk. Also wonder if anybody else is even checking this forum...
Mooselake
Mooselake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooselake Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:32 pm

Bumpity bump bump. Time to shake off the dust
Mooselake
Mooselake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooselake Wed May 27, 2020 3:00 pm

Bought a 1950s 8 inch Craftsman saw off Craigslist for $45, then put somewhat over $100 into restoring it. New link belt, new blade, PALS trunnion adjustors (it's within the 0.0005" resolution of my cheap caliper, call it +/- a thou from parallel to the miter slot), primer/paint for the vintage stand, misc minor stuff, good cleaning, etc. Top's in pretty good shape, some minor pitting and staining but nothing serious. Hit it with the random orbital today before some serious paste waxing so it will survive the Florida summer humidity. Very little wear, and somebody's cleaned out the innards before I got it, only a little old sawdust inside. Everything was stiff, not seen much use in quite a few years. Came with the bigger 3/4hp (thinking it would be called a 1 1/2hp today) motor, cuts 2x4 like butter with the new thin kerf Freud blade.

The fence wouldn't lock, despite disassembly and cleaning (it didn't need it). No visible wear but the locking hook wouldn't reach the back of the saw to clamp on. Rather than filing down the stops I 3D printed an extender (an hour from idea to design to print to install) and now it clamps without issues. A tool invented long after the saw was made solved the problem!
Mooselake
Mooselake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooselake Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:14 pm

Probably nobody else even checks here anymore...

Been extending the northern mooseshop into a 18x22' unused (except for about a hundred years worth of junk) section of the barn. Big project, walled off and insulated, all new wiring in conduit, monster dust collector (but no ductwork yet). Barn hayloft is overhead, held up by two parallel hand hewn tamarack beams. Jacked around 3" of sag out of them, about maxed out a 5T hydraulic jack. Did the same kind of maintenance on my 1989 Delta contractor's saw; PALS kit, align within a 0.001" or less (just tightening the bolts back down means another pass), clean/lube/new Freud blade. Plugged in the 16" power feed drum sander I got used (great deal) a couple years ago, fired right up with just a few loose screws. Building base cabinets/workbench for the first of 3 walls. At this rate it will be done in a few years, but it's lots easier than the 700 or so drywall buckets full of busted concrete and field rock we hauled out before the whole knee thing...

Knee continues to improve, but will likely always be stiff. 15 to almost 90 ROM, couple hundred days in a row of 3000 or more steps. Not that impressive for good knees, but way up from last summer when 200 was a big day
Mooselake
Mooselake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next